Unfortunately, if not done properly, several things can go wrong during and after a stenting procedure.
What are the commonly seen mistakes in stenting?
- Misdiagnosis (a doctor informing a patient they have a condition that requires stenting when they actually don’t!)
- Insertion of the wrong end of the guide wire – causing perforation of the artery/vein
- Forgetting to administer blood thinners (anticoagulant/antiplatelet medication)
- Misplaced stents – stents placed in the wrong artery/vein
These mistakes can result in serious ongoing injury and disability including:
- Bleeding/blood clots
- Damage to the artery
- Requirement to take ongoing blood thinning mediation
- Migrating stents
- Stents breaking down
If you think your doctor has been negligent in performing your stenting procedure you should contact Garling & Co Lawyers for a free case assessment.
At Garling & Co we want to make the experience of making a medical negligence case as stress free as possible. We understand your claim may be of a sensitive and private in nature, for this reason we have both female and male lawyers available to represent you in your medical negligence case.
You might also be interested in…BACK TO BLOG
Garling & Co current stenting medical negligence cases
Our clients have been misdiagnosed and undergone unnecessary stenting procedures that may fail or re...READ POST