What is the scheme for people injured in motor vehicle accidents in NSW?

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in NSW you are able to make a claim for personal injury compensation under the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Scheme. This scheme is governed by the Motor Accident Compensation Act NSW (1999) (MACA) and such claims are overseen by the Motor Accidents Authority of NSW (MAA).

The MAA is a statutory corporation which regulates the Motor Accidents Scheme, provides guidelines to insurers for handling of claims and provides dispute resolution assistance between insurers and people injured in motor accidents.