How do I make a claim for psychological injury?

There is no difference in the procedure for making a claim for a psychological injury or a physical injury.

You need to be careful however that when your general practitioner is completing your Work Cover Medical Certificate of Capacity that the injury is diagnosed as a psychological or psychiatric disorder.

This means that you must have a medically accepted psychological injury. Words such as ‘stress’ are not a psychological injury and cannot be used in making a claim for Workers Compensation. You must have an injury such as depression, or anxiety which is recognisable psychological or psychiatric disorder.

You should ensure that your general practitioner has completed the certificate correctly before providing it to the insurer.

Otherwise see How do I make a Workers compensation claim?