What is a Work Injury Damages Claim?

In addition to the "no fault" Worker Compensation scheme there is an entitlement by an injured worker to obtain lump sum compensation for “modified common law damages”.

To make such a claim you must be able to demonstrate on the balance of probabilities that the injury was sustained as a result of the fault of your employer.

You may be able to sue your employer as a result of your employer’s failure to take reasonable care of you whilst in the course of your employment. That is, that the employer was “at fault” in causing your accident.