If you think you have a medical negligence claim / medical malpractice claim contact Garling & Co Lawyers for a free case assessment.
At the end of the day, both terms describe the same thing, that being:
- An act or omission by a medical professional or institution that causes an injury to a patient or someone under their care, and;
- The act or omission departed from the expected medical standard.
To make a medical negligence claim you will need to prove:
- Negligence – the medical professional or institution did something wrong that departed from the expected standard and;
- Injury – as a direct result of that negligence you have sustained an injury that you wouldn’t have sustained but for the negligence of the medical professional or institution
If you can successfully prove with evidence that you have suffered due to a medical professional or an institutions negligence you may be able to claim compensation for: –
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future economic loss (including loss of superannuation)
- Loss of life expectancy
- Medical expenses and home and car modifications
You might also be interested in…BACK TO BLOG
Garling & Co current stenting medical negligence cases
Our clients have been misdiagnosed and undergone unnecessary stenting procedures that may fail or re...READ POST