Construction Injury Lawyers

Builders and construction workers, by nature, work in a very hazardous industry, and injuries from a construction accident or building accident are a common occurrence.

At Garling, our construction accident lawyers, have dealt with hundreds of workers compensation claims involving a construction site injury and have extensive experience in managing construction industry claims.

Free Claim Check

5-Star Client


Free Case

Industry Experts: 20+ years of experience

No Win No Fee Guaranteed

5-Star Client


Free Case

Industry Experts: 20+ years of experience

No Win No Fee Guaranteed

Injuries on construction sites are common

What should I do if I am injured on a construction site?

You should immediately seek medical assistance if you are involved in construction accidents. You are also likely to be entitled to claim workers compensation. You need to obtain a medical Certificate of Capacity from your general practitioner or the hospital you attended and provide it to your employer as soon as possible.

This certificate is medical evidence of your injury and or illness. Your employer is required to forward the medical certificate to the workers compensation insurer to commence your claim.

Previous claims from a construction accident have included;

  • falls from and collapsing of scaffolding
  • heavy lifting injuries
  • trips and falls
  • lacerations, amputations and crush injuries caused by equipment and power tools
  • electrocution or electric shock caused by faulty machinery switches or overhead power lines
  • being hit by falling objects
  • exposure to chemicals that may result in burns, poisoning or respiratory illness
  • injuries caused by other trades on-site or being struck by machinery, including forklifts and cranes.

We have a team of experienced construction compensation lawyers who can assist you with your construction accident claim.

Can I sue for negligence?

If you have sustained an injury on a construction site as a worker, then you may have a right to claim common law damages against your employer. This claim is a Work Injury Damages claim. A Work Injury Damages claim is made when an injured worker sues their employer for damages due to negligence. This claim is to cover past and future loss of income.

To claim Work Injury Damages, your injury must be as a result of the negligence of your employer, and you must have a whole person impairment of at least 15%. You will need the assistance of an experienced lawyer to make this type of claim.

Your construction accident injury could also be the fault of another trade or builder on-site. You can sue the company responsible for your injury; this is a public liability claim.

What is the claim process for a construction site injury?

  1. If you think you may have a claim from a construction accident, then please contact us by email or phone to discuss your matter. Our building accident lawyers provide you with free advice on your options.
  2. If we believe you have a claim for workers compensation, on will assist in ensuring you obtain appropriate compensation for your injuries.
  3. We obtain the necessary evidence to win your claim. This is done by one of our experienced construction accident lawyers.
  4. We pursue your claim and fight until you receive the compensation you deserve.
  5. You receive your compensation in your bank account.

What types of workers are covered under construction site workers compensation claims?

NSW Workers Compensation covers injured construction workers who are employees including part-time and casual workers and, in many cases, sub-contractors are also entitled to receive workers compensation for injuries sustained whilst on a construction site. If you work for one contractor, you can be deemed to be an employee and able to recover workers compensation.

How long do I have to make a construction site workers compensation claim?

You should report any injury sustained to your employer and the head builder as soon as possible following your injury.

You should then consult your general practitioner and obtain a medical certificate of capacity which outlines the injuries you have sustained, the treatment you require and your capacity for work. This should be provided to your employer as soon as possible following your injury. Any substantial delay, usually over six months, may prevent you from making a claim.

What type of compensation can I receive if I am injured on a construction site?

If you make a claim for workers compensation, you are entitled to receive money for loss of income and payment of medical expenses.

You are also entitled to receive a lump sum amount of compensation if you have sustained a permanent impairment because of your injuries. This is known as a claim for whole person impairment. A percentage of whole person impairment is determined by a doctor. You are entitled to a lump sum amount of money depending on the level of your impairment (it must exceed 10% whole person impairment) and the date of your injury.

Lump-sum compensation for impairment is usually somewhere between $30,000.00 and $60,000.00 depending on the nature and extent of your injury.

Payment of lump-sum compensation for whole person impairment is paid in addition to receiving the weekly payments and medical expenses.

Do workers compensation entitlements vary between states and territories?

Yes, workers compensation laws and entitlements vary between states and territories in Australia. Each state has its own worker’s compensation scheme, and the compensation payable varies greatly depending on which state your injury was sustained.

At Garling & Co our building accident lawyers only act for people who have sustained an injury in NSW.

Why Garling & Co Lawyers?

At Garling & Co Lawyers, your claim will be handled by an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law who have at least 10 years plus experience in Workers Compensation Law. You will be looked after by an expert in construction workplace injury law.

We also offer no win no fee arrangements for these types of claims which means that you do not have to pay for our legal services if you do not win.

Please contact us today to book a free consultation with our personal injury lawyers and find out how we can help you.

Would you like assistance with your construction accident claims?

Are you a construction worker and need assistance with a personal injury claim? Complete our free, no-obligation confidential case assessment form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours in regards to your construction accident injury.

Alternatively, we are available to talk through phone and email. Please contact our experienced workers compensation lawyers to find out how we can help with your personal injury claims to end any pain and suffering!

FREE Confidential Case Appraisal


No Win No Fee

You won’t be required to pay any fees until we win your case.

Industry Experts

We’re industry experts with over 20 years of experience.

Maximum Compensation

Our team of expert injury lawyers will help you get maximum compensation.

Dulce L.
08:48 23 Aug 21
Garling & Co have been exceptional. Matthew was always professional attentive clear and concise, I felt up most confidence in his management dealing with my matter always had my best interest. i... highly recommend Garling & Co Lawyersread more
Melissa H
11:53 10 Aug 21
I am grateful to have had Matthew represent me on my motor vehicle compensation claim.After meeting with two lawyers previous to deciding on Garling and co, I was left unsure and confused as to... where I stood regarding my claim. Matthew and Allison were incredibly helpful, put my mind at ease, and took the worry and stress out of an already difficult situation.Through the settlement process they would always keep me informed and made time to answer all of my questions. I am really pleased with the outcome of the settlement.Thank you to the team at Garling and Coread more
Violeta C.
07:30 05 Aug 21
My experience with Garling & Co was great. Matthew was always professional, attentive and communicated in a clear manner. I felt confident in his management of my matter & always had my best interest... in mind.I have no reservation in recommending Matthew & the Garling & Co more
Sonia C.
03:04 05 Aug 21
Ann F.
04:11 04 Aug 21
Professional and helpful
Sunita S.
04:00 04 Aug 21
Overall, I am very happy of their service and also the outcomes of my case.
Glen C.
03:15 04 Aug 21
Mathew was highly personable and easy to talk to .From the outset I had full confidence in his ability and professionalism .Matthew and his team contacted me only as the process required , his... approach was purposeful and effective.I was very pleased with the result.I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone in need of a more
Teresa M.
03:07 04 Aug 21
Fantastic service. Very professional and prompt.
Erin & Tom L.
01:44 04 Aug 21
Matthew and his team were so responsive throughout my entire claim. They made sure everything was explained clearly and always responded promptly to my questions. I can not thank them enough for... their support. I highly recommend their more
Happy S.
23:38 26 Jul 21
Very professional. The team responded quickly, were clear and easy to work with. We would highly recommend to give them a go.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What will it cost me?

Working in the construction industry and need to speak with a construction accident attorney? Luckily, there are no upfront legal fees payable in workers compensation matters. We provide a free consultation to see if you have a claim from a construction accident or building accident. If you do have a claim, then workers compensation costs are covered by a Government scheme, like legal aid, known as ILARS. This scheme will fund the payment of your legal costs and disbursements with a construction accident lawyer.

2. Why Garling & Co Lawyers?

Garling & Co Lawyers are one of NSW’s leading work-related injury law firms and have experienced lawyers acting on behalf of construction workers. We have a 98% success rate and are here to help you through the entire claims process for construction accidents and building accidents. Reach out to a Garling & Co construction accident lawyer today!

More Faqs

Find out more about accident compensation in your industry

Find out more about Workers Compensation

Google Rating