Insurance Claims Lawyers

Life is full of risks and unexpected events can happen.

However, when things go wrong and you are involved in an accident, disaster or other loss, this is often covered by your insurance policies and you can make a claim with your insurer.

You buy a policy of insurance which is a promise to give assistance when things go wrong. Such assistance could be repairing or replacing damaged property or items, covering legal fees, or payment of lump sum amount of money.

To make an insurance claim, you need to lodge a claim to activate the insurer’s response. The insurer will review your claim and decide whether to accept your claim or decline your claim. If your claim is declined and you wish to challenge the decision, you’ll need to get in touch with an expert insurance lawyer.

Most people who own property will have both building insurance and home and contents insurance. There are also many types of general insurance products on the market. General insurance is broadly defined as non-life insurance policies.

There are 6 main types of general insurance:

  • Home and contents insurance
  • Motor vehicle insurance
  • Business insurance
  • Mortgage loss insurance
  • Workers compensation insurance
  • Travel insurance

There are however many other types of general insurance products offered by Australian insurance companies which include:

  • Construction risk insurance
  • Aircraft insurance
  • Defamation insurance
  • Product liability insurance
  • Marine insurance and the like

Garling & Co Lawyers are experts in challenging decisions by insurers to decline claims.

If you believe that you have a valid insurance claim and wish to challenge the decision, please contact Matthew Garling on (02) 8518 1120 or